What is Schoology?
Schoology is the District's Learning Management System (LMS). This is the tool for communicating with students and families through teacher pages, posting assignments and information for students, and accepting student assignments, among many other things. Students can access Schoology from any computer or mobile device with Internet access.
How does my child log into Schoology?
Students can login into Schoology by visiting bboed.schoology.com
Enter your BBOED student username beginning with Student First Name followed by Student Last Name followed by last two digits of graduation year and followed by @students.bboed.org (Example JohnSmith31@students.bboed.org). The student username is maximized at 19 characters including the 2 digit graduation year. Student password is bboed followed by the student ID number with no spaces. If you do not know your username and password, please visist the parent portal to access your information.
username (example): JohnSmith71@students.bboed.org
password (example): bboed123456 (NO Spaces)
How do I update Chrome OS on my child's Tablet or Chromebook?
- PreK - Grade 1 Tablets: Please click on link for directions
- Grade 2-12 Chromebooks Please click on link for directions
What is my child's 20-21 school year bell scheudle?
How do I create a Schoology Parent Account?
- Go to www.schoology.com.
- Click Sign Up at the top of the page and and choose Parent.
- Enter your Parent Access Code (please request this from your child's teacher after 9/8/2020). This is a 12-digit code in xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you receive from one of your child's instructors.
- Fill out the form with your information.
- Click Register to complete.
When you use a Parent Access Code to create an account, you are automatically associated to your child. You only need to do this once per child. The code will connect all your child's courses. You can add additional children to your account using the Add Child button.
Check out the new videos in the Parent Resource Kit provided by Schoology. There are three videos in this playlist:
- Welcome Parents - How to navigate Schoology as a parent and access all your children's activities, Courses and Grades.
- Parent Communication - Explores all parent communication tools available in Schoology including messaging, Updates, email notifications and signing up for Parent Digest and Overdue Assignment emails.
- Differences between Parent and Student Accounts - Learn important distinctions between student and parent accounts in Schoology.
What is the difference between Schoology & Parent Portal?
- Schoology is our Learning Management System, where teachers can post course content, provide resources for students, and review assignments.
- The Realtime Parent Portal is where parents/guardians, and students go to see their current schedule, student grades, assessment scores, attendance, and library information.
Can I view my child's assignments and work in Schoology like I did in Google Classroom?
Yes, Schoology provides parent / guardian course access.
- Parents need to create their own Schoology account.
- Parents will then need to request a connection access code from their child's teacher(s)
- Parents can view additional resouces on the Schoology Parent Support page
What can parents see in Schoology?
Parents can view courses, assignments, and calendars for all their students. Parents cannot view submitted assignments, comments from other children in the class, or assignment grades.
I have multiple children in the District. Can I view all my children under my Schoology account?
Yes. With Schoology, it's easy to add additional children to your parent account. Here are step by step directions on how to add additional children.
What do I do if I forget my parent Schoology password?
Parents and Guardians that forgot their password can click here to visit the Schoology Forgot Password resource.
Why don't I see + Add Child?
Make sure you click the down arrow on the top, far right, near the question mark.
Why do I only see one school on my right menu?
Schoology displays the school of the first student you added to your account when you registered. To see all schools, select All Children from the right menu.
Why don't I see any groups?
Your school may not be using groups at this time.
Can I use Schoology on a mobile device or tablet?
Yes. Apps are available for both iOS and Android devices.
Click on the applicable resource for more information: