All About PARCC
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is a consortium featuring eight states, the District of Columbia, and the Bureau of Indian Education, that work to create and deploy a standard set of K–12 assessments in Mathematics and English, based on the Common Core State Standards.
What does PARCC measure?
Please follow the link for more information on Parcc Online
- PARCC is a group of states working together to develop a modern assessment that replaces previous state standardized tests.
- Ensures that all students, regardless of income, family background or geography, have equal access to world-class education that will prepare them for success after high school in college and/or careers.
- Measures real world skills, such as problem solving and critical thinking, and measures students' achievements.
- A new single window will end at the 90% mark of the school year.
- Gone are the separate early spring performance-based (PBA) and late spring end-of-year(EOY) windows.
- Cut testing time by approximately 90 minutes in all grades.
- More uniform test unit times
- Reduced the number of test units
- Eliminated standalone field testing
- Letter from the State of New Jersey regarding PARCC: PARCC Summer School
- Follow link to take the practice tests: Practice Test
- Download the Parent Checklist to better prepare your children: Ways to help your child with PARCC
- Download this PDF to understand scoring guide: Math PARCC Scoring Guide
- Visit this website for accommodations: Accommodations
- Download this file for more information on Performance Level: Performance Level Setting
- Follow this link for PARCC Reference Sheet and Equation Editor Guide
UpdatesThe key is to stay informed by entering in your email address in this link and PARCC online will send you resources, newsletters, and links that are essential to the PARCC assessment. Follow this link to subscribe (http://www.parcconline.org/
about-parcc) and enter in your email address at the top right corner.