SBYSP - BHS "STUDENT CENTER"What is SBYSP?
The School-Based Youth Services Program is a comprehensive youth service program for high school students and their families. The Student Center offers “one-stop shopping” for teens. Services include:
- Mental Health — individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, conflict mediation, appropriate referrals;
- Health Services — health education, teen mother/father groups, parenting seminars, referrals;
- Substance Abuse — education and prevention, individual and group counseling, screening and assessment, referrals;
- Education Assistance — individual/family counseling, coordinated efforts with Guidance Dept., advocacy, referrals;
- Crisis Intervention — crisis response, individual/family counseling, referrals to medical facility, police, state, and/or county agencies, student advocacy
Below are links to outside resources:
The Student Center is located in Room 124 at BHS and is open Monday-Friday during school hours,
Who can drop in?
All high school students are welcome. You will need to present your student ID and sign in and out. Parental consent is required for all services. Consent form is available at Student Center and must have a parent/guardian signature.
Parents and school district staff are always welcome to visit.
How much does it cost?
Nothing! Basic services are provided free of charge to teens and their families.
Who do I see when I drop in?
The Student Center and the Teen Center are staffed by a team of certified counselors who have expertise in working with teens and their families.
Why should I drop in?
If you are having difficulty or if you are worried about a friend, it is often helpful to talk about your concerns with a counselor. We help students deal with problems by listening, making issues clearer, and offering support and assistance.
Will what I say be confidential?
Of course! The SBYSP staff will not disclose information to anyone without the consent of the person who gave it, except in life-threatening situations.Staff:Patty Smith, MA - Supervisor, Clinical CounselorChristy Glock, MA - Healthy Youth Development Specialist/Clinical CounselorWalter Lamberti - Licensed Social WorkerAshley Buchanen - Licensed Associate CounselorBarbara Dimajo, MA - Freshman/Senior Transition Academic CounselorCharles Nuziale, MA - Sophomore/Junior Transition Academic CounselorAdham Emera - Student Assistance Counselor (SAC)Montana Cushmeyer - Licensed Social WorkerFor more info:Call (201) 858-5925orBHS Student Center669 Ave ABayonne, NJ 07002
Division of Child Protection and Permanency
Division of Prevention and Community Partnerships