Use this application when applying for the following certified positions in the Bayonne Board of Education:
- Psychologist, Social Worker, Guidance Counselor
NON-CERTIFICATED EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION--Click Here
Use this application when applying for the following non-certified positions in the Bayonne Board of Education:
- Teacher Aide
- Transportation Aide
- Bus Driver
- Custodian, Engineer, Repair Department Employee
September 2014 Opening-Teacher of Art - High School LevelComputer Graphics (2D Basic Animation)& Foundations of Art Courses
Teaching classes within the Computer Graphics Program including interactive media/web design, 2D animation, and graphic design. Courses are project based and taught in a hands on studio environment with lectures/labs on design theory and technical skills. Additional classes in Foundations of Art, Art 2, and AP 2D Design may be assigned depending on the needs of the district.
Bachelor Degree or higher in Graphics Design, Art and Technology, Visual Communication or a closely related degree plus three years of directly related work experience other than teaching. NJ Teacher of Art Certification and demonstrated skills in successfully working with diverse populations through experiences such as formal training and past work experiences.
ARABIC BILINGUAL TEACHER
· Must hold a NJ Department of Education Bilingual/Bicultural Teaching Certificate.
· Must hold at least one (1) additional NJDOE Instructional Certificate.
· Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of teaching English as a second language, child growth and development, effective instructional strategies, classroom management, learning assessment and diagnosis, and research related to learning and children need to learn English as a second language.
· Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively in English as well as the second language both orally and in writing, using proper grammar and vocabulary.
Nature and Scope of Job:
Teaches the Core Curriculum Content Standards in the native language and in English for students who do not demonstrate proficiency in English. Assists students with learning English and with understanding the culture of America and the community. Achieving academic excellence requires that the Bilingual Teacher works collaboratively with other members of the school staff and with the parents of each student.
Only candidates of interest will be contacted for an interview.