Regular attendance and promptness are essential to ensure that your child has the best possible start in school. Please arrange all dental and medical appointments so that they do not conflict with school hours.
A request for an early dismissal must be approved by the principal in advance. Such requests should include the child’s name, the date and time for early dismissal. Please include why it is necessary to excuse the child before the end of the pupil’s school day and the name of the adult that will pick the child up that day. The parent or designated adult must report to the office when arriving at school to pick up the child.
Perfect Attendance Tips
- Set a regular bed time and morning routine.
- Lay out clothes and pack backpacks the night before.
- Find out what day school starts and make sure your child has the required shots.
- Don't let your child stay home unless he/she is truly sick.
- If your child seems anxious about going to school, talk to teachers, school counselors, or other parents for advice on how to make him/her feel comfortable and excited about learning.
- Develop back-up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a trusted family member, a neighbor, or another parent.
- Avoid medical appointments and extended trips when school is in session.