Schoology for Parents and Guardians
Parents and guardians can create a personal Schoology account to view different features within their child's Schoology account.
You will need either a personal email address or create a unique username to create an account.
How to create a parent account:
- Request your parent access code from your child's teacher starting on 9/7/2022. This is a 12-digit code in xxxx-xxxx-xxxx format that you receive from one of your child's instructors.
- Go to www.schoology.com
- Click Sign Up at the top right of the page and choose Parent
- Fill out the form with your information and parent access code
- Click Register to complete.
When you use a Parent Access Code to create an account, you are automatically associated with your child. You only need to do this once per child. The code will connect all your child's courses. You can add additional children to your account using the Add Child button.
Check out the new videos in the Parent Resource Kit provided by Schoology.
- Welcome Parents - How to navigate Schoology as a parent and access all your children's activities, Courses and Grades.
- Parent Communication - Explores all parent communication tools available in Schoology including messaging, Updates, email notifications and signing up for Parent Digest and Overdue Assignment emails.
- Differences between Parent and Student Accounts - Learn important distinctions between student and parent accounts in Schoology.
- Setting Parent Account Notifications
- Viewing Your Child/Children's Activity
Additional Information on Parent/Guardian accounts:
This guide consists of detailed explanations of different features and tools, along with step-by-step walkthroughs. Designed as a hands-on resource, this guide can be used on a stand-alone basis or in coordination with the platform. The following links organize the areas of your Parent account listed as articles in the Parents Forum.
Please click on the links below to find information specific to these areas of the platform: