ATTENTION: Spring Break & Calendar Information
As you are aware, this has been a very severe winter with extreme cold followed by many feet of snow. The severe winter has resulted in our schools being closed for five days. Throughout the state, school systems have been struggling to decide how to make up days in order to meet the 180 school days as mandated by the State. At the March 4th meeting, the Board of Education opted not to use Spring Break as a means of making up for lost days during the school year. Spring Break, as of this date, will remain as posted on the school calendar with all schools closed from April 12th through April 21st. Schools will re-open on Tuesday, April 22nd. Please be further advised that the dates for graduation will be announced following Spring Break. The last day of school will, as of now, be Tuesday, June 24th. *Please note, should our schools have to close due to severe weather or an emergency situation, we will have to review the calendar and revise the last day of the school term.
Dr. Patricia L. McGeehan
Superintendent of Schools
New March Meeting Dates
BOARD MEETING DATE CHANGE
The Board will meet on WEDNESDAY, MARCH 26th, 2014
Anna J. Herbert Meeeting Room
669 Avenue A (29th Street)
*This will serve as public notice that the March 2014 regular monthly meeting date for the Bayonne Board of Education has been changed.
Board of School Estimate: Monday, March 24th at 5pm
Alexander X. O'Connor Auditorium
Bayonne School District Mission
The mission of the Bayonne Public School District is to provide optimum learning opportunities for all students in a safe, secure, inclusive learning environment that fosters personal and interpersonal growth, lifelong learning and a strong sense of community. We believe that the district's mission can be accomplished when administrators, teachers, parents and the community collaborate as a team to accomplish its goals which are:
- To set high standards and expectations for student achievement.
- To provide a safe environment conducive to learning.
- To meet the needs of our diverse multi-cultural school population.
- To provide a challenging curriculum by utilizing educational technologies that meet the needs of the 21st Century.
- To provide programs that foster successful home, school, and community partnerships.
- To provide teacher training and professional development.
The Independent Fact Finder Report is now available.
Click here for the following Bids/RFP opportunities:
Attention Parents--Log in to the district Parent Portal by clicking the icon at the top of our webpage using your secure username and password. Here you will have 24 hour/7 days a week access to:
- Review your child's daily attendance records
- View progress reports and report cards
- Update your phone and email contacts
- Access district forms and documents you may need
- View discipline activity